We restrict the display of nudity or sexual activity. Additionally, we default to removing sexual imagery to prevent the sharing of non-consensual or underage content. Restrictions on the display of sexual activity also apply to digitally created content unless it is posted for educational, humorous, or satirical purposes.
We understand that nudity can be shared for a variety of reasons, including as a form of protest, to raise awareness about a cause, or for educational or medical reasons. Where such intent is clear, we make allowances for the content. For example, while we restrict some images of female breasts that include the nipple, we allow other images, including those depicting acts of protest, women actively engaged in breast-feeding, and photos of post-mastectomy scarring. We also allow photographs of paintings, sculptures, and other art that depicts nude figures.
Do not post:
Images, videos of:
- Real nude adults, where nudity is defined as:
- Visible genitalia except in the context of birth giving and after-birth moments or health-related situations (for example, gender confirmation surgery, examination for cancer or disease prevention/assessment);
- Visible anus and/or fully nude close-ups of buttocks unless photoshopped on a public figure;
- Uncovered female nipples except in the context of breastfeeding, birth giving and after-birth moments, health-related situations (for example, post-mastectomy, breast cancer awareness or gender confirmation surgery) or an act of protest.
- Sexual activity, including:
- Sexual intercourse:
- Explicit sexual intercourse, defined as mouth or genitals entering or in contact with another person's genitals or anus, where at least one person's genitals are nude;
- Implied sexual intercourse, defined as mouth or genitals entering or in contact with another person's genitals or anus, even when the contact is not directly visible, except in cases of a sexual health context, advertisements, and recognized fictional images or with indicators of fiction;
- Implied stimulation of genitalia/anus, defined as stimulating genitalia/anus or inserting objects into genitalia/anus, even when the activity is not directly visible, except in cases of sexual health context, advertisements, and recognized fictional images or with indicators of fiction.
- Fetish content that involves:
- Acts that are likely to lead to the death of a person or animal;
- Feces, urine, spit, snot, menstruation, or vomit.
- Other sexual activities including (but not limited to):
- Presence of by-products of sexual activity;
- Stimulating genitals or anus, even if above or under clothing;
- Use of sex toys, even if above or under clothing;
- Stimulation of naked human nipples;
- Squeezing female breast except in breastfeeding context.
- Sexual intercourse:
Digital content that meets our definition of sexual activity unless any of the following conditions exist:
- Content was posted in a satirical or humorous context;
- Content was posted in an educational or scientific context;
- Imagery is not sufficiently detailed and only body shapes or contours are visible;
- Content that complies with the definition of implied sexual activity.
Pornography speech, defined as a descriptive speech beyond referring to:
- Aphrodisiac state;
- Sexual intercourse or sexual activity unless it posted for educational, humorous, or satirical purposes.